GCMS-QP2020 NX Single Quadrupole GC-MS
The Shimadzu single quadrupole GCMS-QP2020 NX gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer (GC-MS) is not only the highest performer in its class, but also the most efficient. This new high-end single-quad GCMS easily meets the ever-growing need for both ease of use and robustness. And, as the importance of high-performance analytical instruments for monitoring microscopic quantities of compounds related to environmental pollution, forensic applications and material and chemical development continues to grow, the efficient, reliable GCMS-QP2020 NX is a tailored fit for your laboratory.
- High-performance ion source and ion optics enhance ionization and transport efficiency
- Large-capacity turbomolecular pump with enhanced exhaust efficiency improves use with helium as well as hydrogen and nitrogen
- Improved temperature control function enables more precise oven temperature and three new cooling rate levels that can be specified
- Easily switch between EI and PCI methods using new Smart-CI source
- High-speed scan and data acquisition using Advance Scanning Speed Protocol (AASPTM) to achieve speeds up to 20,000 µ/second across all masses
- Ecology mode reduces costs associated with power and carrier gas consumption
- Smart productivity features like:
- Active-Time Management that accurately determines operation times
- Simplified injection port maintenance with new Click-Tek injection port top.
- Twin-line MS kit eliminates the need to swap columns by installing two columns into the MS at one time.
Inert Flow Path of GC/MS Achieves High-Sensitivity
Minimizing adsorption and other losses in the flow path from sample injection to the detector is important for stable, high-sensitivity measurements using GC/MS. The flow lines in the GCMS-QP series and the GCMS-TQ series consist of high-quality, highly reliable consumable parts, so even trace concentrations of components can be detected with high sensitivity and favorable repeatability.
Utilizing patented Advanced Scanning Speed Protocol (AASPTM) technology allows high-speed scanning at 20,000 u/second without sensitivity loss or spectral distortion. This is effective for scan data sensitivity improvements and favorable mass spectrum acquisition, particularly in high-speed analysis with Fast-GC/MS, simultaneous Scan/SIM, FASST analysis, and applications using Comprehensive GC/MS (GC x GC/MS).
The precision-designed quadrupole mass filter is able to obtain accurate mass assignments across the entire mass range, and is equipped with a pre-filter to reduce the influence of contamination on the main filter.