Coy Anaerobic Chambers eliminate oxygen to 0-5 parts per million (ppm) using a hydrogen gas mix (5% or less) reacting with a palladium catalyst to remove oxygen by forming a water molecule. A vacuum airlock is used to reduce oxygen levels prior to transfer of samples and tools in and out of the glove box. Access ports allow sample manipulation without ever exposing your samples to ambient conditions.
Temperature incubation options include heating the entire glove box to be your incubator or placing a specially designed Coy incubator within the workstation interior for a more comfortable working atmosphere for the users. Large ports are included for large equipment transfer and smaller feed-thru ports available on every unit to pass cords/tubing in and out of the chamber in a sealed fashion.
Choose your chamber style to match your needs:
Vinyl Anaerobic Chamber
Coy Vinyl Anaerobic chambers are constructed of flexible PVC with padded base, efficient vacuum airlock, and aluminum support frame, and features the following:
- Large equipment entry port
- Replaceable gloves
- Circulation System and Catalyst
- Interior power supply with 5 outlets
- Ports for additional tubing or cords
- Vacuum pump included
- Temperature control options
The Coy Vinyl Anaerobic Chamber is the most cited chamber in the world for anaerobic microbiology because it is the strictest anaerobic system on the market and the most efficient with regards to gas consumption. The vinyl expands and contract to allow for changes in internal pressure without expelling the expensive gas mix to room atmosphere saving you up to 60% on your operational gas cost annually.
The large oval glove ports allow all user to reach deeper and higher into the chamber for greater storage capacity and ergonomics. This allows a vinyl unit to be manufactured larger than other rigid style units which in turn makes it easier to maintain the anaerobic chamber conditions and helps create a stricter control of the anaerobic conditions.
Gloveless Anaerobic Chamber
- Patented diagram top: Prevents glove fight back and conserves gas consumption making it more economical to operate than competitive units
- Large side door: For cleaning and large equipment entry
- Barehanded entry ports: With port plugs to seal chamber when not in use
- Automatic gas injection system: To maintain proper anaerobic gas mix
- Maintains 0-5 parts per million (ppm) oxygen level
- Entire chamber is heated
- Automatic airlock
All these reason and more have made Coy the most used and cited anaerobic chamber in the world.
Rigid Anaerobic Chamber
- Patented diaphragm top: This mechanism allows for easy access/exit of the glove box without the push pull created when volume change occurs upon entering the glove box. This unique design also contributes to gas savings
- Visibility: The clear polycarbonate allows the user to see into the chamber without the costs and maintenance of additional lighting
- Purge Airlock: A simplistic design to allow items to be brought into the anaerobic condition without disrupting the environment. Manual purge airlock available (right side placement)
- Economical: The initial cost of the gloved polymer system is the most economical of its kind
- Custom sizes and configurations: Manufacturer has an engineering staff who will work with you in designing a system specific to your needs
- Arm Port Plugs: Allow for easy sealing when entering/exit glove box
- Neoprene sleeves with fitted latex gloves and arm
- One gas mix regulator and tubing
- Chamber available heated or unheated